About Our Client
Our client is an innovative leader in the manufacturing industry and has been in business over 100 years. Over the years, the fifth-generation family run business has grown and become a staple in the Chicago area. Their products (valves, faucets, pipes, bearings, gears, and other accessories and hardware to name a few) are manufactured to a wide range of specifications including A.S.T.M., S.A.E., C.D.A and The Department of Defense. In addition to being a strong company, they play a significant role in their community. Every Thanksgiving, they have a program set in place to feed 140 hungry families at a church in the Pilsen area.
In addition, they’ve established local outreach programs. At Christmas, they support their local police and fire departments by distributing toys to neighborhood children. This strong sense of community lends to an unmatched culture and sense of family within the organization.
Summary of Position
Our client is looking to hire a full-time Receiving Supervisor with knowledge in copper and brass metals. This person should possess strong mathematical ability and be willing to get their hands dirty as this will be in a foundry. A strong candidate will be extremely organized, driven, and able to work easily in teams.
• Directs the utilization of equipment, machinery, material and employees to produce the highest quality finished product
• Manages the production process in a cost-effective manner
• Supports the company policy of safety over production output
• Works closely with the production manager in preparation of charges, cuts, and buildups
• Effectively communicates with all levels of employees
• Minimum of 3 years foundry experience and supervisory role
• High school or equivalent education; bachelors degree or trade/technical school training is a plus
• Experience with natural gas and electrical furnaces
• Smelting and refining experience is a plus
• Strong personal commitment to safety • Exceptional organizational skills, customer service, and multi-tasking ability required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive Microsoft Suite knowledge